Thursday, August 17, 2017

#68 Thirty-One Reasons why

I have told Mister for as long as I've known him. If you want to profess your love for me. Don't send me silly valentine cards or candy. Flowers, eh not really either.

If you really. And I mean REALLY want to show me how much you love me. Do it in August! When I am cranky, hot and am at my wits end with summer. He knows my struggle well.

so today I have decided to flip the script and profess my love for him.

Thirty-One summers with me...This man deserves a medal.



1.  His sense of Humor. He has a sharp quick wit and it keeps me on my toes.
2.  He thinks I'm smart
3.  He is steady. Most people would think that is boring. For me that is about the best things ever.
4.  He really only speaks if he has something to say. He dislikes mindless chatter for the sake of noise.
5. He is honorable.
6. He's giving. If he has something then everyone has something.
7. When he drinks enough he will dance with me.
8.  He doesn't take himself too serious.
9.  He loves his job. It truly is his bliss.
10. He cares about my happiness.
11. He's loyal. Almost to a fault
12. He loves our children but isn't afraid to hurt their feelings.
13. Our grandchildren will refer to him as grumps instead of gramps. It's endearing to me in some way.
14. He admits when he's wrong.
15. He talks to his mama often.
16. He's a great handyman. He can fix almost anything
17. He has a best friend from Kindergarten. I'm oddly jealous of this one. It's hard to believe he has history before me or that I don't know about.
18. He embraces my crazy
19. He loves my family like his own.
20. He doesn't worry. At.  All. That drives me nuts.
21. His passions run deep and don't waiver. Faith, family, country, trucks and football
22. He doesn't shy away from hard situations. "Look them in the eye and tell them the truth" he says. It will work out every time.
23. He loves our dogs. Maybe even more than cats now. That is an amazing feat.
24. He tells me when I'm wrong. He doesn't go along with things for the sake of convenience.
25. He cares deeply
26. He loves my mama. Will usually be the first to help her with the heavy lifting.
27. He's stoic. Never dramatic in any way.
28. He's a great leader though he will never admit it.
29. He holds my hand when I'm nervous.
30. His internal GPS. I'm never lost when were together.
31. He loves me like nothing I have ever experienced before.
I could go on and on...
Most of all, he understands my sincere dislike for heat, and summer, and loves me through it until FALL arrives. He's a keeper Y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment