Monday, July 10, 2017

#33 Country Drive

There is nothing I enjoy more than an afternoon drive. Today we might have taken that a little too far but hey there are no rules to Saturday country drives. We headed out around noon and decided to explore the north western part of central Texas. I had heard about this great little place that has a water park. So off to Whitney we headed. Oh my word Lake Whitney is beautiful. I think we might have found a new place to add to our fishing rotation.

Lake Whitney view from the car passing over the bridge. 
I swear I will get better at the whole photograph and documenting my day stuff. 


Isn't this just amazing! I saw if from the shore line and couldn't figure out for the life of me what it was until I got home and Googled it. Lordy Lordy that's some fine living. 


Then we went in search of Bosque Resort with the water park I had heard about. We found it but just drove by. It looks like lots of fun to be had here. I can't wait to tube the lazy river and swim up to the bar. God Bless Texas.

Image via Google

Then we headed in a Southerly direction...I think?  We drove through a small town called Meridian. Isn't this courthouse just something else? I love that about all the towns around here. You won't find many buildings like this in Cali. 


We also learned they have a BBQ Cook Off in October that is on my Calendar as we speak. I love getting out and learning about our new home. I love exploring and finding all the little hidden gems nestled among the rolling hills, corn fields, pasture land and dense tree lined river bottoms.  It's something to behold for sure.


 Erected in 1886 according to Google the best I could find out

Back in to Wacotown for dinner at Whataburger with Mister and Mama. What a great day to be alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment