Monday, July 10, 2017

#34 Backyard Chickens

So I have been dreaming about having chickens since we decided to move to Texas in 2015. Well guess what y'all...It's happening and soon. I have been feverishly learning about the in's and out's, do's and don'ts of backyard chickens (don't Google chicken illnesses...eek no thank you).

I just can't wait to get them. From all that I have read they are much like other pets. Individual personalities along with crazy sometimes just outrageous behavior.

So I have decided to get them as chicks so they can get to know us better. I feel like if they were older it would be much more complicated for them to understand exactly the hot mess that is Casa Gentry if you know what I mean. Understandably younger chicks should just assimilate to the Gentry ways. I think? I hope.


These little's will grow up and become these stunning ladies. Gosh aren't they something?  Minus the rooster. Ain't nobody got time for a Rooster. 
pictures via Google 

Oh my goodness aren't they adorable? I am going to be a great chicken lady. I will love them like the mother of dragons. 

I will keep them warm and safe until they are able to take care of themselves in the coop. 

THE. COOP.  Lord have mercy there are like a million designs to choose from. I spent the better part of a day just looking at my options. Panic ensued. Not to worry though. With the help of some peanut butter by the spoonful and a little prayer I found the one


 Wouldn't you feel mighty fine if you were a chicken living in this amazing home? I can buy the plans online and then have Mister tweak it just a touch. You know make it just a bit more cozy for my little ladies.

More to come on the chicken front so hold tight.  I am sure tonight's dreams will be the visions of what uninvited slithering guests Google says to expect when I am collecting eggs. NO THANK YOU!! I must learn the ways of Daenerys Targaryen.

P.S. This may turn into the daily happenings of our chickens journal. Consider yourself warned.

P.P.S This happened as well today. What in the world? What dog sits on their behind like this? Lawd have mercy with this guy. It is an entertaining life we lead.

1 comment: