Saturday, June 17, 2017

#16 Yellow Mart + Mizunos + Brothers

Let me tell you about a guy I love.  NO it's not Mister (although I am pretty infatuated with him as well)
This particular guy took me to this store in El Centro, CA 


(The El Centro location closed years ago so the Indio picture will have to do. The sign is the same thought I think??)

To buy me this brand of cleats 


Boy I felt like somethin' real fine walking into my first varsity softball practice, in my first year of high school, with my first real pair of cleats.

This guy right here made it all possible.


He motivated me to be the best player I could be. We started practicing in November before spring sign ups even started. 

He believed in me! He pushed me! 

He took an average at best outfielder, and helped her become a solid first string catcher. I never thought I could do it. I didn't think I had the strength, speed or arm to handle that position. HE DID! 
We practiced and practiced, then practiced more. He took me along to all his adult league games at night insuring I knew everything about the game. A game we both loved. We watched the Rockies and Braves play on TV whenever we could. He didn't have to do any of this. He filled a roll in a teenage girls life that was not his to do. He was always there for the important stuff. Always making sure we had everything we needed. To me you are my GOOD STUFF! 

Happy Fathers Day Brotha. You're a great man, father, brother, uncle and friend a girl could have. Also you make pretty bomb tacos and salsa. That is good stuff also. 

Until tomorrow my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment