Monday, June 19, 2017

#19 Mortal Combat + Orientation + Just call me Grace

 I have the best conversations with my co workers.  Today while setting up for incoming freshman orientation, the strangest conversation just organically happened.  I was explaining how gravity and I don't get along very well (just call me Grace). The best description I could come up with was how one of the characters in Mortal Combat, whom I still don't know the name of, would reach out and grab there opponent and say C O M E  H E R E (in my best deep gravely menacing voice)! That is how I described my relationship with gravity. It reaches out and grabs me and pulls me down. Always the victor, just as the character ( I really need to look this up) in the game.

That subject led to Sega Genesis and my son's ability to make almost any game work until the inevitable death of the beloved console. That segwayed into Billy Ray Cyrus ( I have no idea so don't ask) and Achy Breaky Heart. (Still don't remember how or why). Which then immediately led to I'll be Your Crying Shoulder by Edwin  McCain. (I think it was the Goo Goo Dolls but got shot down quickly).

We have these amazing conversations where I am almost always assured a learning experience of some type.

Have I mentioned just how much I love where I work. Day's like this it's like meeting up with old friends over drinks. Well except no drinks. That would be so inappropriate.

So until tomorrow my sweet readers...

P.S. Now to figure out if it was this ?
Or This ?



And I'll be your crying shoulder

I'll be love's suicide
And I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life.


 PPS  Now I want to watch Cruel Intentions for some reason

No comments:

Post a Comment