Monday, June 26, 2017

#23 Weekend Visitors

So my precious mama and sister arrived in town on Friday. I can't tell y'all how excited I am to share my Waco Town with my family in hopes that they fall in love with it just as much as I have. Saturday started out with this.


I'm sure hearing phone alarms going off all over the house at almost 5:00 AM was not a settling feeling for either of them. I do think for myself though that we are getting more acclimated to the Texas weather. I grabbed my phone to see what the alert was. Yup no tornado, so back to sleep it was. I might have shown just a little more sensitivity for our house guests...Next time for sure.

Then we had a lazy morning around the house before heading out to see the sites.  We started out at Magnolia and quickly decided that we would NOT be visiting today. It's amazing and mind boggling at exactly how many people come to see this.

Next was the suspension bridge and Cameron Park which I did not take pictures of for some reason.  Yes lame I know.

Then off to Lake Waco.


This picture does not do it justice. I can't get over how beautiful central Texas is and just how many things there are to do.


All the time we were out seeing the sites, she was texting pictures to her family back in California. I foresee another trip with her whole family in our future. Did I mention how much I love showing off my little piece of Texas? Family if you haven't thought about visiting yet...well you should just go on ahead and start planning your trip. We can't wait to have y'all. 

Then it was time to show her some Texas Bar-B-Que, so off to Rudy's we went. I love their loaded potatoes can you tell? 


And of course there was some Texas beer to go right along with it.  Boy did we eat. It was so GOOD!

not sure why this pic is so dark? 

I think she is a fan


Tomorrow and Monday there will be more sight seeing to do. Gosh how full is my heart. Sharing this with one of most favorite people in the world and seeing how much she enjoyed it as well. That is really something fine if you ask me. 

Until tomorrow...

P.S. I am having some difficulty uploading my journal.  This is a work in progress but know that I am writing every day. You just might not be seeing them on FB until a day or so later. I hope you all are being able to find the GOOD STUFF in your days as well. 

1 comment:

  1. I loved everything about it! Kyle is chomping at the bit to get out here and try some real Texas BBQ. These pictures were torture for him! See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete